The Octoscrolla is a cape that is designed to plug into a Beagle Bone variant running Falcon Pi Player to allow you to run up to 96 P10 panels or 40 P5 panels. Each of the eight connectors can control up to 12 P10 panels or 5 P5 panels.
The onboard RTC (real time click) is a TinyRTC board that is DS1307 compatible. It mounts between the Octoscrolla the Beagle Bone allowing FPP to keep proper time after a power loss. A CR2032 lithium battery is required to power the RTC (supplied).
The original Octoscroller was developed by Trammel Hudson and some background information on it can be found at http://www.nycresistor.com/2013/09/12/octoscroller/
For help building out a panel, please take a look our Matrix Buildout Configurator and Calculator. It will create a plug and play solution for building a panel to your specifications.
- Supports up to eight P10 or P5 panel chains for Beagle Bone Black, Green, Blue, or Industrial variants
- Each chain of panels can have either 12 1/8th scan P10 panels or 5 1/16th scan P5 panels daisy chained.
- The Beagle Bone should be powered via a power input connector as to bypass the USB lead
- 8 × 16pin IDC (2 × 8) male shrouded headers to connect the panels
- 2 × 40pin male connector to connect to the Beagle Bone