The Octoscrolla is a cape that is designed to plug into a Beaglebone variant running Falcon Player to allow you to run up to 96 P10 panels or 40 P5 panels. Each of the eight connectors can control up to twelve P10 panels or five P5 panels.
The onboard RTC is DS1307 compatible. It allows FPP to keep proper time after a power loss. A CR1220 lithium battery is required to power the RTC (supplied).
The original Octoscroller was developed by Trammel Hudson and some background information on it can be found at http://www.nycresistor.com/2013/09/12/octoscroller/
- Supports up to eight P10 or P5 panel chains for Beaglebone Black, Green, Blue, or Industrial variants.
- Each chain of panels can have either twelve 1/8th scan P10 panels or five 1/16th scan P5 panels daisy chained.
- The Beaglebone can be powered via a power input connector as to bypass the USB lead.
- The OctoPlus uses a different, more efficient wiring pinnout than the original variants.
- The OLED screen and buttons allows you to see / manipulate various menu items on board.
- There are also temperature sensors on board to give you a reading of the temperature in the enclosure.
- 8 × 16pin IDC (2 × 8) male shrouded headers to connect the panels
- 2 × 40pin male connector to connect to the Beaglebone