Change the Pixel Count on a Wired Watts Pixel Tester
- Change the Pixel Count on a Wired Watts Pixel Tester
How to change the number of pixels you can connect to your Pixel Tester.
The Pixel Tester comes default from the factory to control 300 pixels. However, with a small change of the configuration, it will allow you to string together 2048 pixels in total. Below is a step-by-step guide and an accompanying video to make the configuration change.
- Plug in the Pixel Tester with the number of lights you want to control.
- Turn on the tester and select a pattern that changes the colors often so you can see the changes as they are made.
- Once the nodes are blinking, hold the white settings button (it looks like a gear or a cog) until all the lights turn white.
- Press the green Mode + button repeatedly. As you do this, the lights should dim up and down to signify that they are now included in the count.
- Press the settings button to save the changes.
- If you did not get all of the pixels included the first time, start again at step 4 and repeat until you get the desired results.
Originally Published 5/25/2021 5:32 PM EST
By Ken MacMaster