Programming your LED Name Badge
These are step by step instructions to program your LED Name Badge with a custom message:
- Download the LED Badge app onto your phone via the links below.
- Open the new LED Badge app on your phone.
- You will be presented with a question that will ask how tall the LED name badge is in pixels. The default should be set to 11. Accept this setting and move on.
- On the main screen, you will be presented with a "Send List" numbered 1-8. Each of these eight banks can be used for a custom message or picture with individual messages, speed, and outlines. Click on one of the eight banks to edit your message.
- After you have completed editing your messages, click to turn on or off the slider next to each message. When on (green), the contents of the message bank will be sent to the badge. When off, it will be skipped.
- With the badge held right side up, and the LEDs facing you, there will be two white buttons on the right side of the badge. Click the top button once to power on the badge.
- When the badge lights up and starts displaying the default message, you can click the same top white button again to put it in Bluetooth Receive mode. You will know you have reached this mode because you will see a Bluetooth icon on the screen with some moving wave lines coming from the icon.
- Click the "Send" button on your phone. This will auto-pair the badge with the phone, send the selected banks of data, and disconnect. Once the transmission has completed, the badge will automatically restart and start displaying your message.
- To select the next message bank, click the bottom button on the side of the badge.
- To turn the badge off, click the top button twice when running in normal mode, or once when running in Bluetooth Receiving mode.
Originally Published 3/27/2022 6:41 PM EST
By Ken MacMaster